A fashionable update of the humble fish finger, Jason Palin has created a wonderful wrapped fish recipe using Roberts bread. Quick and easy to make, it is ideal for a teatime snack.
4 cod loins
4 slices of Roberts medium sliced white bread, crusts removed
8oz of grated good strong cheese
1 egg yolk
- Line a roasting sheet with greaseproof paper and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- With a rolling pin, roll out the bread to a thin sheet (like lasagna sheets)
- Place the bread on a sheet of cling film and top with a portion of cod in the centre
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and a pinch of pepper
- Roll up the bread (using the cling film to help) to form a fishfinger shape
- Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes or until needed
- Remove the cling film and place on a baking tray, brush the top with the egg yolk and bake for 10 minutes
- Cover loosely if the bread starts to crisp up too quickly
- Ideal served with boiled potatoes and a little drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice.